K-Pad is a multi-featured notepad / organizer for Windows: print-out pages or booklets of photos, tables, and rich text.More...
This is my support blog, featuring help, tutorials, and comment. Welcome. :-)

Friday 17 October 2008

Icon change


The old K-Pad icon had been bugging me, so I decided to redo it. Originally, you see, K-Pad comprised of only lined and squared pages. I wanted a logo which showed all five types, and to incorporate the "Circle-K" logo that the application uses.

While I liked the original rings, the black bar to make the K looked odd. BTW, the lightning flash (which will still exist on the 16x16 version of the logo, unchanged) was from my old logo for Kraken Designs (my inactive Ltd. company).

3D or not 3D? I'm unsure whether the perspective looks better or not, but it seems to be the thing to do with application logos these days...

Anyway, I reckon the new logo looks tidier, a little more slick, and not too shoddy for three hours' work! :-)

No comments: